Friday, March 6, 2009

February 26, 2009, Noon

I pulled into the parking lot at the train station. Just as I pulled into short-term parking, my phone rang.
"I'm really sorry. Our train is running late. We won't be there for at least another hour." It was Brett. "We had to wait for some freight cars to cross ahead of us."
"No prob. I have a Fitzgerald short story on my computer in a PDF. I can always read that over and over. Do you know the one I'm talking about? Have I told you about it?"
"Don't think so."
"The one where he comes back to France after the Great Depression has started and he lost everything. He's sobered up and wants to get custody of his daughter. He's changed and everything's going well, but things from his past screw it up. Seems like a theme I can identify with, right?"
"I don't think I've read it."
"Ok, well, don't worry. I'm here, just call me when you get close."
"I can't wait to see you. I miss you so much."
"Me too. I'll see you soon."
"I have some funny stories to tell you from the train. Some crazy shiz is going down." She laughed as if it killed her, how funny it was.
"I can't wait! Get here soon. Peace out yo."
"Bye Jake."

No comments:

Post a Comment